Take it a step further and contact your legislators. Text RESIST to 50409 and tell the Indiana General Assembly to end the practice.
Simply follow the directions as they respond to you:
- Reply STATE when prompted.
- Give your first, then your last name when prompted.
- Give your address.
- When asked who to contact say BOTH: Governor and Legislature.
- Insert the following message (feel free to add more personal language or testimonial):
"I want to express my support for HB1213 and SB32. All Hoosier children deserve to be protected, especially LGBTQ+ youth who are most at risk of being subjected to the immoral, ineffective, and damaging practice of 'conversion therapy'. I hope you will support this legislation to protect our kids."
- Send DONE after you have sent your message.
- When asked about a subject line, insert Ban 'Conversion Therapy'
- Be sure to have your email open for a verification code. (Note: it might go to spam/junk depending on your email security)
Note: Resist.Bot will send your composed letter to your elected officials after you provide your information (Name, address, email, etc.)